I am a Ph.D. student at the California Institute of Technology studying robotics, control,s and dynamics at the Advanced Mechanical Bipedal Experimental Robotics (AMBER) Lab. I am interested in robotic locomotion and control of hybrid systems. Additionally, I am interested in working at the intersection of control theory and machine learning for robots.
Throughout my career, I’ve had the opportunity to take roles as a researcher, test and assembly engineer, design engineer, tutor, and mentor. I’ve worked at top engineering institutions such as the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Raytheon Intelligence & Space, Stanford University, Caltech, and the SETI Institute. Topics of my past and current work include robotics, space exploration, and mechanical engineering research.
- California Institute of Technology
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Robotics – Controls & Dynamics
- August 2021 – Present (Currently a Student)
- Funded by the GEM Ph.D. Fellowship and MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- September 2016 – December 2020
- Major GPA: 3.95 / 4.00 | Overall GPA: 3.94 / 4.00 | Summa Cum Laude